VASER Shape...Lose inches lying down...Recently improved for even better skin tightening and fat reduction
VASER Shape MC1 (www.vaser.com) is a non-invasive ultrasound and massage system from Sound Surgical Technologies - creators of the VASER Lipo® System - that received FDA clearance in May 2010. This innovative computerized technology uses a combination of ultrasound diathermy (the application of high-frequency sound waves for local heat therapy) and zonal lymphatic massage to achieve optimal patient satisfaction postoperatively or as a standalone treatment.
The VASER Shape treatment uses advanced MC1 technology to warm the selected area and treat the underlying tissue to smooth, firm and shape the body by temporarily reducing in the appearance of cellulite and increasing local blood circulation and lymphatic drainage. VASER Shape can be used as a standalone treatment, and is also a perfect complement to body contouring/liposuction procedures to reduce postoperative pain and swelling.
VASER Shape Procedure
The average VASER Shape session time is about 45 to 60 minutes per body area utilizing both an ultrasound and massage handpiece. Treatments are usually scheduled a week apart. Patients typically undergo a regimen of 4 to 5 total treatments, although physicians report that many patients see improvement after the first session.
The treatment is comfortable and no pre-treatment preparation is required. Patients report feeling a gentle warming of the skin accompanied by a feeling similar to a deep tissue massage. Following the procedure, patients can resume normal activity without pain or downtime. The skin may appear slightly pink and feel warm after the procedure due to the increased local blood circulation in the area. This should resolve itself within a few hours after the treatment.
The two handpieces of the VASER Shape MC1 System work in tandem to treat the target area and promote drainage through the lymphatic system.
- Ultrasound Diathermy - Through the application of high-frequency sound waves for local heat therapy, the ultrasound energy affects fatty tissue in a non-invasive manner by warming the treatment area and producing a "micromassage" to the fat cells, encouraging excess fat to escape from the cell membranes and ultimately temporarily reducing the appearance of cellulite.
- Zonal Massage - The zonal massage handpiece on the system then works with the lymphatic system to drain away excess toxins and fats for removal from the body and increase local blood circulation. The zonal massage handpiece can also help to open the lymph nodes pre- and post-treatment.
- Smooth and shape the body by temporarily reducing the appearance of cellulite
- Improve local blood circulation
- Reduce pain and swelling postoperatively
VASER Shape in the news
Read a recent WAVE3 news segment by Lori Lyle - "A New Weapon in the Battle of the Bulge" Click here